Disinfection of the pool without chlorine, no salt and chemicals
Company Silvertronix is engaged in pools construction for over 15 years. In 2007, we launched the latest disinfection system capable to disinfect pool water without the use of chemicals at all stages of the launch of the pool!
We released a new budget system disinfection for the European market, designed especially for private clients. What is important, our system easily allows to set parameters to ensure steady use of electrodes and a stable concentration of Cu-0.5 mg.l, Ag-0.01 without the risk of overdose concentrations of copper and silver These numbers match the DIN standards for a drinking water. According to our years of experience, a minimum lifetime of electordes is 3 years.
Across the European Union, we have a number of companies from Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, Spain, which successfully sell our systems.
Attention: Chlorine is hazardous to your health!
Characteristics of of sodium hypochlorite; According to its chemical properties, sodium hypochlorite is not stable. At the temperature of + 35 ° C it decomposes into oxygen and chlorates. Chlorates are a strong poison. After getting into the body through the pores and respiratory ways they affect on the blood - changing hemoglobin to methemoglobin and causing the disintegration of erythrocytes. Toxic dose for humans is 1 g per 1 kg weight of body, even 10 g can cause death.
Therefore the use of sodium hypochlorite,particulary in solutions, especially during the summer time must be strictly controlled. Also the type of sodium hypochlorite is very important, the wrong type can contain mercury and heavy metals.
During the treatment of water containing ammonia, phenols and humic substances, there can be produced, chloroform, dichloro- and trichloroacetic acids, chloralgurates and some other substances causing oncological diseases.
NB: No chlorine is allowed.
1. Innovative principle of automatic current regulation based on a three-level microprocessor protection, allowing maintenance of the current preset value and sustainability of secure disinfection process regardless of the pool water quality;
2. System programming with respect to week days in order to provide more accurate dose of silver and copper ions which, in turn, elongates the electrodes life depending on the pool load;
3. Differential silver control;
4. Differential copper control;
In order to set individual ionization parameters.
5. Ability to change and move polarization time to provide maximum disinfection effectiveness depending on water salt composition;
6. Alteration of pH level, copper and silver concentration;
7. Output to pH lowering (raising) chemical feeder (when adjustment is needed);
8. Longer operational life of service parts due to proper ionization mode functioning;
9. Ability to monitor and adjust the disinfection system parameters when GSM additional module is connected;
10. Automatic control of dosing and measuring ions;
11. No need in measuring out the dose of any disinfection chemicals (chlorine, ozone etc.) posing a hazard to human health;
12. Long life of service parts (electrodes), i.e. 3-4 years;
13. Lower swimming pool maintenance time;
14. No need in frequent pH level adjustment as, if within 6.5- 9.0, it doesn't influence the pace and quality of disinfection and tends to slow increase;
15. No need in adding coagulating and flocculating agents as electrolysis of water produces tiny bubbles of hydrogen and oxygen;
On the way up the bubbles meet impurities (metal hydroxides and carbonates, emulsions, dispersed organic matters) and form a firm layer of foam, i.e. flotation sludge, which precipitates on the sand filter and can be removed during the filter flushing.
16. No need in using algaecides as built-up copper oxides prevent algae from growing;
17. The water purification level is preserved for a lengthy period of time even if the filtration system is switched off;
18. Possibility of growing indoor plants;
19. Possibility of using the pool water for watering lawn and discharging to the landscape;
20. No allergy after penetration of the chloramine smell into living spaces (bedrooms, living rooms etc.);
21. No indoor metal corrosion;
22. Possibility of designing a swimming pool tailored for placing fish and aquatic vegetation.
The method of water disinfection by its saturation with silver and copper ions and without chlorine allows to reliably protect water from pathogens for a long time even when the filtering equipment is off. In addition, acting destructively on bacteria and viruses this method doesn't lead to development of their sustainable immunity.
Water saturation with silver and copper ions is the only modern method of water disinfection which has such long-lasting effect.
There exist only 2 long - lasting methods of water disinfection.
The first is water saturation with silver and copper ions. The second - using chlorinated compounds. Other methods such as disinfection with ultraviolet or ozone give good effect but only works locally, meaning that it only disinfects the water that passes through the system without achieving the main goal - the immediate destruction of pathogens present in places such as the pipelines and the whole pool basin. Thus using them as an additional method is welcome but may not be sufficient to effectively solve the problem of water disinfection in the swimming pool.
Choosing the main method of water disinfection special attention should be paid to those consumer qualities that ensure maximum comfort during swimming.
The advantages of water disinfection with silver and copper ions are the absence of allergic reactions (which are common while using chlorine), the low cost of running (no need for coagulants, means for regulating the pH level and other chemicals), ease of maintenance (no need for daily chlorine level measurements). And what is the most important - excellent organoleptic properties of water: no odor, softness and spring freshness.
In the process of water circulation between the electrode plates, low voltage safe for humans passes through the plates. Flowing current dissolves anode and metal in ionic form is released. Bacteria always have a negative charge and positively charged copper and silver ions form electrostatic connection with them. Silver and copper ions are absorbed by viral capsid (shell) capsomeres (protein) doesn't let the virus to get into the cells. As the virus because of silver gets "heavier" its activity decreases. Microbial cells activity is blocked what leads to their extinction. Part of the ions form complex compounds with the salts, chlorides, sulfides as well as saturate quartz sand filter making additional disinfectant element. The main part saturates the water and actively joins the fight against bacteria and viruses in the swimming pool.
For successful disinfection system requires definite concentration of ions in the swimming pool. Even when the ionization is off copper and silver ions in the water disinfect the water during several months. Recommended concentration of copper for disinfection in swimming pools must be about 0.5-0.7 mg / l. During electrolysis, the redundancy of hydrogen cations is formed in water which leads to the creation of acidic medium in water. This state of the aquatic environment is usually followed by neutralization due to interaction with the impurities which then coagulate. The bubbles of free oxygen help flotation of impurities. As a result of flocculation, small pieces of impurities end up in the filter and there is no need in additional introduction of flocculants in the pool water.
The salt composition of water has little effect on the process of electrolysis because the system of disinfection uses newest technologies in order to stabilize the current. Current is programmed in the setup menu. The proposed system can be used in swimming pools with any conductivity of water, including sea water. Constant-current is carried by the feedback from the processor. In order to control the concentration of ions, it is necessary to carry out measurements of water samples with photometer or using test kits.
The automation and disinfection system designed by Silvertronix is used for:
- Pool disinfection using silver and copper ions
- To connect the disinfection pump when required, using an included timer
- Temperature measurement, shown in the screen
- Pool heating control
- pH level control in the pool water
- The account of quantity of arriving water in pool for management of ionization
- Remote monitoring of parameters of water by means of GSM the module.
The time span for a Small Ag/Cu Silvertronix electrode, Small Cu, Medium Cu, Big Cu used in the automation and disinfection system by Silvertronix is:
For private pools 3 - 4 Years
For public pools 3 - 4 Years
This time span may vary depending in the correct installation and start of the unit, and the exploitation given in the first two months. And for the public and collective pools, it may vary also depending on the number of people using the pool.